Monday, April 14, 2008

A Pearl Of A Snack

Ranch Oyster Crackers


Looking for a super simple and highly addictive snack? Oh baby have I found one! Ranch Oyster Crackers are on the list as a must-make munchie for my next soiree. Aside from the 20 minute bake time, these tasty little nibbles took about 5 minutes to make, and I spent less than $5 on the ingredients. What's not to love about a snack like that? And to boot, the crackers are relatively low fat.

I omitted the dill weed and the lemon pepper, and cut back on the oil a smidge, and this little snack came out great.

Ranch Oyster Crackers

1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
5 cups oyster crackers

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).

In a large mixing bowl, combine ranch dressing mix, dill weed, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well. Add oyster crackers to the mixture and mix to coat the crackers. Pour the crackers onto a cookie sheet.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring gently halfway through the baking time.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "A Pearl Of A Snack"

 

Blogger Anna said ... (7:33 PM) : 

What a creative blog! I love your photos and - wow - the time and art you put into this.

I have a website with free low calorie recipes and vegetarian recipes and I was wondering if you would be interested in exchanging links?

I have already added your link at Low Calorie Recipes: Related Blogs.

Would you like to link back to me as well?

The site is:

Low Calorie Recipes

And the url is:

http://www.low-calorie-and-vegetarian-recipes-4u.com

Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

You, my dear, are a woman after my own heart. I can feel the love for the oyster crackers.
I will also be adding you to my blog roll.

 

post a comment
Directory of Food/drink Blogs Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Top Sites